Tax, Accounting & Consulting Services
Tax Planning & Preparation
Tax planning is a year round process individuals, businesses, and organizations use to evaluate their financial profile, with the aim of minimizing the amount of taxes paid on personal income or business profit.
Tax preparation comes after the end of the year, and then it’s too late to implement any changes that could allow you to pay the least amount in taxes legally possible. When planning taxation for our clients, we review your entire situation. Through our conversations we detail your expenses to find every possible legal deduction.
The primary objective of our tax services group is to minimize a client’s overall tax burden whenever and wherever possible. In order to achieve this, our tax services are directed primarily toward constructive tax planning beginning early in the year and maintaining close contact with our clients throughout the year.
The tax services we offer include not only the preparation and review of income tax returns, but also advance planning to minimize future taxes, advice on tax effects of proposed transactions, corporate reorganizations, assistance in such tax-oriented areas as executive compensation, and other similar continuing services.
We prefer to take a proactive approach rather than a reactive approach to tax services. By keeping current on new tax laws and legislation, we are in a position to identify key tax planning opportunities that minimize both your current and future tax liabilities. We provide our individual and business clients with the taxation expertise and knowledge that they deserve throughout the year. Tax services offered include but are not limited to:
- Tax planning & return preparation
- Partnerships * LLCs * LLPs
- Estates, trusts & gift
- Taxing authority representation
- Divorce and support issues
- Tax effects of buying/selling a business
Accounting and Compilation Reporting Services
Providing financial information to our clients in a timely and accurate manner is a commitment that we feel cannot be compromised. Meaningful, well-organized financial records ensure that your business operations will run more efficiently on a daily basis. Our firm provides a full range of cost effective accounting services including the following:
- General ledger & financial statement preparation
- Bookkeeping (Monthly/Quarterly/Annual)
- Accounting system setup for new businesses
- QuickBooks support and training. (We are “QuickBooks ProAdvisor” professionals who are specially trained QuickBooks experts to help clients with this popular small business financial software.)
- Business tax return preparation (Sales & Use/Business Property/Payroll Tax)
We view our role in the financial reporting process as an opportunity to provide constructive solutions for maximizing your company's profitability and efficiency. We provide compilation services for financial statement reporting.
We gauge our worth by the personal and business successes of our clients. We can help your business identify areas negatively affecting profitability and growth and develop solutions that are practical and technically sound. In addition to acting as a sounding board for management, we provide comprehensive, flexible strategies that address the issues affecting your business.
Estate & Trust Solutions
Effective estate planning facilitates the orderly transfer of assets to your beneficiaries, provides security for your surviving spouse, and can reduce or eliminate the tax due on the transfer of your business and other assets. For business owners, providing for business continuity and succession of ownership is essential. We can guide you through the complex process of getting your financial affairs in order.
Safeguarding and accumulating wealth for your family’s long-term financial security is an easier task with the help of a financial advisor. We have the understanding and technical services to handle the complex issues surrounding the creation and preservation of wealth and the orderly transfer of assets to the beneficiaries. Our estate and trust services are tailored to meet your specific needs, which may include:
- Techniques to maximize the transfer of your estate (i.e. substantially reduce the taxable value)
- Use of various tools, such as lifetime gifting programs, living trusts, family limited partnerships, qualified personal residence trusts, and charitable remainder trusts
- Preparation of federal estate tax returns, estate and trust income tax returns, and gift tax returns
- Business succession planning
Retirement Plan Services
Few employers can successfully compete in attracting a qualified labor force without maintaining a comprehensive employee benefit program. As tax consultants and business advisors, Hatcher Financial, P.C. works with our clients and their third party administrator to custom design plans to meet each company’s specific needs. Retirement plan consulting services include:
- Plan design and review
- Profit sharing plans
- 401(K) savings plans
- Defined benefit plans
- Cash balance pension plans
- Investment advice and guidance
- Annual Form 5500 reporting to the Department of Labor
- Annual accounting services for the plan administrator